Gaiam TV got my attention after some good press they received. I wanted to know how it compared to the others and it does come into my top 5. Many of my students who left my class would say the sole reason was the cost of a live class.
I can understand that since I’m not inexpensive lol but I do make sure to offer them some other options besides myself because more than anything, I want people to reap the benefits of Yoga. So I reviewed Gaiam TV and found that it was certainly one of the cheapest but was it one of the best?
There are certainly a few reasons I would recommend this and here’s why:
- They offer a free 10-day trial to download actual yoga dvd.
- $10 Monthly subscription
- Offers basic to intermediate level classes
- You can choose video classes from the best yoga instructors like Seane Corn, Rodney Yee, Trudie Styler, and a lot more.
- You can choose from a variety of yoga styles like Yoga for Beginners, AM/PM, Ashtanga, Fusion, Hatha, Kids, Kundalini, Mediatation, and a lot more to suit your needs.
What I like about Gaiam TV is that it is more of a complete resource for everything about health; you can also choose from a variety of videos that you can watch for Food & Nutrition, Lifestyle, Prevention and that’s just the beginning.
If you are a fitness and health buff you can also access their diet and exercise videos which they also offer. A friend of mine would rather have movies for recovering from cancer and spiritual based films and guess what? They have that as well.
Gaiam TV’s library is so diverse and covers almost everything about health and fitness here’s some example:
- Fitness: Access to dozens of Gaiam’s perfectly produced yoga and fitness videos, which individually sells for $15 upwards each on DVD at stores like Target. If you’re the type who doesn’t want to go the the gym and enjoy doing your workout and yoga sessions from the comfort of your home, this component of Gaiam TV’s video selection alone is worth the subscription price several times over.
- Health & Wellness: Health interviews, seminars, and documentaries from across the alternative health spectrum. Topics include diet and nutrition, healing programs for specific ailments, and optimal health lifestyle.
- Films & TV: Feature documentaries, conscious television series, and even a family and children’s selection
- Spirituality: Dive into a wide body of material on spirituality, religion, mind-body connection, and philosophy
- Metaphysics: Energy healing, channeling, hidden knowledge, and more
- Explorations: Topics include conspiracies, UFOs, free energy, nature, and plenty of other engaging content that doesn’t fit conveniently into the above categories.
- Conscious Media Network Library: Gaiam TV has partnered with Conscious Media Network to stream their entire library of hundreds of hours of original interviews and documentary content, all included with your subscription on-demand and ad-free.
I love the fact that it conquers two things at the same time, strength training and relaxation. Gaiam TV’s beginning yoga series has such a great selection which is good so you are not doing the same workout day in and day out. If you’re somewhere between their beginning yoga series and the power yoga, I’m sure you won’t have a hard time finding something that will suit your needs.
I love that they provide you information on their trainers – Seane Corn, Amy Ippoliti, and Patricia Walden have become some of my favorites. I recommend checking out their stories and of course their workout videos to help you get started.
I have also tried Gaiam TV for a couple of weeks and all the workouts and videos to choose from are great and I love it. I could definitely find time to fit my workout into my schedule of working, blogging, going out with friends, and everything else.
If you are looking for a way to do workouts or yoga but don’t have enough money to join a gym (or maybe the time) try checking out Gaiam TV. You may be very surprised at the bang for your buck.